Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Summer Camp VI

Easter Island
Watercolour and ink + Photoshop™
@2016 Charlene Brown

During Week 6 of the Creative Content Camp we talked about writing series of blog posts or having regular (say, monthly) features, and then leveraging series and features by presenting them on more than one platform.
I have been writing series of blog posts for some time, and in Week 1 used these series to define Categories I then used in Week 5 to organize my Editorial Calendar. As I mentioned in my July 6 post, one of my Categories is ‘Real and imaginary travel painting adventures’ and most of my imaginary adventures will be the paintings I do for the VirtualPaintout.   Other locations I have painted without having been there include some I did for an ‘alphabet of art’ I wrote for the Khaleej Times children’s magazine when I lived in Dubai.  Some of these, such as Easter Island, will find their way into a new monthly feature, Bucket List.  I’m starting a new Pinterest Board for this feature as well. Several of my Virtual Paintout paintings – of places I haven’t been to but would like to see – will also appear on my Bucket List.