Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I need more Pinterest Followers!


West of Mount Washington
Watercolour and crayon
©2016 Charlene Brown

If you read my post last week about Creative Content Camp, the on-line art blogging course I’m taking, you’ll know I have a started a new Pinterest board called ‘Living the Dream’ about plein air painting.  I only have 2 followers – some people have hundreds!  I sure would appreciate it if you’d click here and then click the ‘Follow’ button which should show up in the upper right of my Pinterest board. I’m hoping to get up to at least 3 followers by the end of today.
This is the view of Strathcona Provincial Park from above the Mount Washington Alpine Resort. Mountains that can seen include the iconic Comox Glacier on the far left and Mount Albert Edward, named after Queen Victoria’s eldest son, the Prince of Wales who later became King Edward VII.  Mount Washington itself, unlike just about every other ‘Washington’ in North America, was not named after George Washington, but after Rear Admiral John Washington, official Hydrographer, British Royal Navy, while charting the west coast of the Colony of British Columbia, before it became part of  Canada.