Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Another road test

(click on image to enlarge)
Panorama from Dallas Road
Watercolour
©2015 Charlene Brown

This is the view looking south from Dallas Rd. as it passes Beacon Hill Park here in Victoria.  The photo I used was taken in April when Beacon Hill, and every other Garry Oak meadow on southern Vancouver Island, is bright blue with camus flowers… and the grass is still green. We are in the ‘rain shadow’ of those mountains you can see across the Strait on the Olympic peninsula of Washington State.  Our summers are pretty dry, and grass is only green from October to May.

The panorama format of my new watercolour book is working okay here in Canada… we’ll see how it goes in Japan. (I’m taking some small square sheets as well.)

I have scheduled a series of posts about my Haiku project to be published on this blog while I’m away, and will be back toward the end of November with paintings of Japan.