Thursday, April 2, 2015

Virtual Paintout is in Bhutan but I’m still in Greenland

(click on image to enlarge)
Siaqqissoq
Watercolour and crayon
©2015 Charlene Brown

I had found a couple of painting locations in Greenland that didn't happen to have icebergs, then decided I’d like to try one that did have some. When I didn't find any really spectacular ones close to shore, I thought I might just try the one Bill Guffey, who puts together the Virtual Paintout, started with at the beginning of March.
 First I went to the Location Link he posted, then I navigated a little way along the coast to this location for what I thought was an even better angle on this very paintable iceberg. The foreground in Bill’s painting is probably more interesting. What do you think?  Check it out at Virtual Paintout in Greenland. (You have to scroll down right to the bottom of the list of paintings to find it.)