Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Virtual Paintout in Lima, Peru

(click on image to enlarge)

Eléspuru, Rimac
Watercolour, crayon and marker
©2013 Charlene Brown

The Virtual Paintout is in Lima, Peru this month, and my first thought was to have a look at the Lima Cathedral and the townhouses of the original Conquistadors in the vicinity of the cathedral. I suspected the Baroque ornamentation of the Spanish colonial architecture would prove rather difficult to draw so I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to do, and when I got to that part of town on the map, I discovered the Google car hadn't got anywhere near the Plaza Mayor, so there were no Google Streetviews of any of the area I had in mind anyway… and no big decisions about whether or not to try the cathedral!
I just wandered around town and picked a Streetview with mountains in the background.  Here is a link to it