Sunday, June 9, 2013

Virtual Paintout in the Azores

(click on image to enlarge)


Rua Jorge M. Reis Machado
Watercolour and CP
©2013 Charlene Brown

The Virtual Paintout is in the Azores  this month, and I began motoring around the two islands that have been ‘Streetviewed’ with some trepidation.  I was there for two hours once, during an unannounced and never-explained stop on a Lisbon to Montreal flight, and I don’t remember seeing anything but a flat expanse of volcanic soil, and a few trees like the ones in this painting, only much smaller.
But, to my surprise, within ten minutes I found this (here’s a link to it) and three other very paintable scenes!  I had quite a time eliminating the other possibilities and – unless I come across other things that just have to be painted – will probably paint another Azores Streetview next week.