Friday, April 6, 2012

Virtual Paintout in Gdansk

(click on image to enlarge)

Brama Nizinna
Watercolour
©2012 Charlene Brown

The Virtual Paintout is in Poland this month and, unlike some of Bill Guffey’s selections where you have a whole country to work with, we could only choose locations in Gdansk.  I usually look for mountains to paint, and I know there are some spectacular ones along the Slovakian border in the south of Poland, but that grass covered hill on the right of my painting, part of an extensive fortification, is the closest I could find in Gdansk. Here is what it looks like in Google Streetview.  Perhaps next month there will be mountains. 
In the meantime, I was very taken with an entry by Carolee Clark... Carolee always seems to find a great looking subject, and has added to her impressive collection of figure paintings this month.