Monday, September 12, 2011

Hand-painted postcards from round the World

(click on image to enlarge)
Hieroglyphic stairway at Copan
Watercolour and ink
©2011 Charlene Brown

This is the postcard I sent to Albrecht Rissler in Germany  – my July contribution to A Postcard from my Walk. I mailed it from the island of Utila in Honduras in late July and Albrecht received it about a month later.  I noticed when I read his write-up about it, his scan of the painting was much better than the photo I'd taken before I sent it (love the name he gave the file too -- Karte von Charlene) so I've used his file here. 
This painting shows some detail of the hieroglyphic stairway that was part of a painting of Copan I wrote about in August
There’s a new post every couple of days on the Postcard from my Walk blog, and the quality and variety of the artwork is fascinating! Have alook at the latest post.