Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Virtual Paintout in San Francisco


Golden Gate Bridge
Watercolour and crayon
©2010 Charlene Brown
San Francisco is the February location for the Virtual Paintout and it’s taken me until now to make up my mind among the incredible number of highly paintable views of the Bay Area. I’d pretty well decided, after seeing the lovely locations painted by Cathy Gatland, Leslie Hawes and Melissa Guensler that it would be a great idea to paint a place I would really like to be. And then, somehow I ended up on the Golden Gate Bridge! Zooming down a freeway, surrounded by people who actually know where they’re going and want to get there faster than you happen to be going is never a pleasant place to be. I really like these virtual paintouts and plan to continue participating – but next time I think I’ll look for some place that seems to just shape itself into a brilliant design like Laura Starrett has done. Some place with no cars at all.