Friday, May 1, 2009

Egyptian Temples - Luxor and Edfu






Luxor Temple at Night
Watercolour, crayon and computer
©2009 Charlene Brown

















Black Horus at Edfu
Watercolour, crayon and computer
©2009 Charlene Brown












These are the last, and most abstract, of the Photoshop-abstracted Carnet de Voyage paintings from Egypt. Previous postings can be seen by clicking on ‘Egypt’ in the Index of Blog Posts, on the right. I have one more picture, the Temple of Serapis at Alexandria, totally computer-created, which I’ll put up soon.
You may have noticed I’ve changed my blog title. I’m going to change my URL too, in fact already did so yesterday. Briefly. I soon discovered that anyone linking to my blog would arrive at a dead end, and there was no way of telling them the new URL. Yesterday was a particularly bad day to lose people as my blog was linked to my article ‘5 Good Reasons to Paint Your Own Postcards, on EmptyEasel.com. (Google Analytics advised me this morning I had a 346% increase in hits yesterday, so I’m glad I recovered). I’m planning to change my rather cumbersome URL (what was I thinking?) to CharleneBrownPainting.blogspot.com, but will wait until I’m back from Peru so I can keep an eye on it. Any suggestion about smooth transitions?