Thursday, February 5, 2009

Seasonal Paintings

Continental Divide from Healy Pass
Watercolour and ink
©1998 Charlene Brown






Early Fall on the Continental Divide
Watercolour, crayon & ink
©2008 Charlene Brown




The paintings I did this week will probably go in a group show at Goward House, a seniors’ centre where I paint every Wednesday. Because they prefer we don’t publish exhibition entries prior to the Opening in May, I’ve posted one of the paintings I put in the show last year, along with the older painting upon which it was based. The first ‘Continental Divide from Healy Pass’ shows the mountains and hanging lakes on the Alberta side of the divide, painted after hiking in the area in July, 1998. The fall version was one of several paintings I redid in the spectacular colours – golden larch along the timberline after the first snow – I saw during a late September trip to the Banff area in 2004. Another one – Mt Rundle – is on my website Paint Every Mountain.